Whether you want to install a new HVAC or maintain an existing one, hire an HVAC contractor. HVAC contractors know how HVAC systems work. Their experience and know-how enable them to come up with cost-effective solutions to a myriad of problems. In addition, they have deep knowledge of HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance techniques.
But not every HVAC contractor is worthy of your trust. Some contractors masquerade as experts but need to have what it takes to get the job done. Watch out for such contractors.
As the leading HVAC company in Sebastopol, Just-In Time Plumbing & Heating has compiled some tips for finding a contractor worth their salt.
Talk to Friends and Family
If a friend or family member has recently got a new HVAC installed or their existing system serviced, ask them the following questions to determine if their contractor is the right fit for you.
- Did the contractor’s crew report to work on time? Were they courteous?
- Did the contractor stay on budget? If not, why?
- Did they use subcontractors?
- Did the contractor’s crew clean the worksite after work?
Are you satisfied with the end result?
From ordering food to connecting to your friends, you use the internet to accomplish a number of tasks every day, so why not use it to find an HVAC contractor? Visit the websites of local contractors to see if they offer the services you need. Go through their social media profiles to see what people are talking about them. Check HVAC companies near you in Sebastopol with the BBB. Visit independent third-party review sites to check customer reviews.
Talk to Contractor References
A reputable contractor will be more than happy to provide a list of references. If a contractor is hesitant to provide references, walk away. Rather than taking everything a contractor says at face value, verify their claims. Talk to their references to determine if the professional has the skills required to manage your project.
Ask the contractor’s references the following questions to assess the professional’s skills and expertise:
- Were you provided with an estimate? Did the contractor explain the costs to you?
- Did they stay on budget? If not, why? Was the job finished in the allotted time?
- Did they subcontract? Were you happy with the subcontractors they used?
- What steps did the contractor take to ensure effective communication?
Once you have narrowed down your list of contractors, call their office to make an appointment. Before you meet a contractor, do your homework. Create a list of questions to ask the contractor.
Include these questions in your questionnaire:
- Do you carry insurance?
- Are any permits required for my project? If so, will you help me obtain them?
- Do you offer warranties?
- Do you anticipate any challenges regarding my project? How do you plan to overcome them?
Just-In Time Plumbing & Heating is a trusted HVAC contractor serving Sebastopol. Our technicians address the root causes of HVAC problems, ensuring that our customers get long-term solutions to their HVAC problems. To make a service appointment, call (707) 571-1336.